2 Bums at the Beach

2 Bums at the Beach
My Husband Philip and I.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Population 2.

I serisously had an amazing moment today. I was leaving costco after picking up my christmas cards and busy thinking about christmas, the bills, school and the finals coming up that I'm sure to fail and a whole mess of other self centered things to focus on. As I was pulling outta the parking lot, I caught sight of a tiny little wrinkley homeless man, like literally starving, he was so tiny, and his big beefy mut playing on the corner. No signs, not begging, just enjoying the sunshine. As I was pulling away I felt I needed to turn around and give them something. I thought about it as I was turning around. The dog was so well fed and in good shape and happy. The man gaining any food via begging must have been feeding his dog instead of him self. What a selfless thing to do. Especially in those circumstances! I've been homeless and I've had my share of dogs. Cotton and I play every night in a warm house, with a roof and plenty of food. It broke my heart that I couldn't take the old man and his dog home to somewhere warm but  Idid have some food. So I pulled over next to him and pulled out a huge bag of carmel popcorn that had been waiting to be eaten for awhile and he say God bless you and the first thing he did was give his dog a huge handful of popcorn and then gave himself some. It was one of the most selfless things I have ever seen. It melted my heart and made me see how selfish I was being just focusing on me,me,me. Thank you God for making it "Population 2."

http://youtu.be/M9Yasgzjc0w

Commit a random act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment